My scribus corner
Here is my little web page with my scribus stuff.
Despite this page is rather empty, Scribus is really a killer-app : a close to professionnal DTP software. Go and have a look at Scribus webpage
You'll find here some stuff I made for Scribus as well as some links to other ressources about Scribus
The CD cover creation script
This is a python script I made to create CD cover template using CDDB. The features are :
- query CDDB to get CD information
- user can choose between multiple CDDB answers
- user can choose to add or not track numbers and duration
The usage is quite simple :
- put an audio CD in your drive
- run the script through Scribus Script menu
- make your choice in case of multiple CDDB answers
- edit the newly created template to make it look as you want.
This script depends on Scribus and Tkinter. Both should be installed if you already use Scribus.
But you will also need the python-cddb module. You can download from source on it's webpage or install it via your distro's packaging feature :
- Gentoo : emerge cddb-py
- Debian : apt-get install python-cddb
- Mandrake : urpmi python-CDDB
- MacOs X : fink install cddb-py23
You can get the python script here. Put it in your ~/.scribus/scripts directory and use the script menu in Scribus to run it
You'll find here some little docs I write about Scribus or other tools useful with Scribus.
Following documents are available :
Here are some links about Scribus :